Monday, September 8, 2008

The moon is out, that means it's time for night-night.

I know, Moms annoy the hell out of you with their kid stories, but seriously ... last night, at my lovely sister-in-law's birthday dinner, my 2 year-old busted out with that gem. He looks outside, points his tiny finger at the sky, and sings "The moon is out, that means it's time for night-night". You would die too. Admit it. Look at him....
So aside from adoring my child, I've been searching for new work lately, which is mostly depressing and exhausting, but also exciting and fun. I'm having trouble resigning and settling into the fact that I'm not working, and just enjoying that fact. It's a source of constant low-level anxiety. Not a good kind of anxiety to have. The important thing is to find a position, or some freelance work, before Jack gets laid off his plumbing gig. The two of us unemployed at one? That would be bad. Fun, but dangerously underfunded fun.  

Speaking of cheap fun, Jack and I went camping on the Gunflint Trail outside of Grand Marais a few weeks ago. We had the best time ever. No kidding. Hiked, biked, collected wood, cooked over our own little campfire, tented; it was awesome. We had so much fun we only took one picture. Well, one picture I can publish at least...


The good news is, it's fall. All my favorite sweeties are having birthdays left and right. Weddings, too! My very close friend of almost 20 years, JoEllen, is getting married toward the end of the month in Red Wing. Should be a great time, especially considering she's the most creative woman I know, and doing everything herself. Can't wait.

So happy September, Happy Birthday everyone (weird, isn't it? How many people have birthdays this month? It's sick!) and Happy Marriages to all. Send me some good job-hunting vibes, if you will, and help me accentuate the positives of my current situation.

No comments: